X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRGC Quds Day gatherings in interesting places

A recent report from the Meir Amit ITIC noted the many IRI-sponsored Quds Day gatherings that occurred in mid-August. Most were held in places one would expect: Tehran, Beirut, Istanbul, Ankara, Karachi, Kabul, Bahrain, Baghdad, Sanaa, London, Berlin, Vienna, and Sydney.

I find the out of the way locales more interesting.
    Asymmetric Warfare: It's not just for the other guys.

Quds Day 2012, Ecuador

Comment

Quds Day 2012, Zambia

Comment

Quds Day 2012, Tanzania (1)

A splendid time was had by all

Sheikh Alidina of the Husayni Madrasah

Sheikh Ahmed bin Jalal

Comment

Quds Day 2012, Tanzania (2)

An Iranian group recite qasida

Quran recitation by an Iranian

A performance by the Debating Society Of Husayni Madrasah

Comment

And this evenings program?

Comment

Quds day also in Brazil

Brazilians celebrate Al-Quds day. http://ar.globedia.com/brasilenos-co...a-mundial-quds (in Spanish)

Hundreds of Brazilian Muslims, along with the followers of other religions, commemorated on Friday in Sao Paolo World Day of Al-Quds, which claimed the sovereignty of Palestine.

Representatives of several non-governmental sectors, including religious leaders, intellectuals and politicians, attended the World Day of Al-Quds, which was held in the Brás Mosque, in order to mark their support to the Palestinian people end violence and occupation of the Palestinian territories.

" Israel is not as strong as they claim. Israel is not as powerful as they say. therefore can not accept that Israel is invincible. Worldwide Day of Al-Quds is the time when all Islamic nations face a common enemy, which has occupied the Palestinian territories and has usurped the rights to govern so long, "said the member of the Islamic Center in Brazil, Sheikh Taleb al-Hussein Jazrayi.

According Dom Domaskinos Mansur, a member of the Orthodox Catholic Church of Sao Paulo, "we believe that this event is very important for the Palestinian cause and Al-Quds also for those whose land and homes were taken. Event also commemorated to honor the founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ayatollah Khomeini. "

Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Brazil, Mohamad Ali Qanizade, insisted that the World Day of Al-Quds is the symbol of Muslim union against the violent regime of Israel and recalled that "for thirty-three years, Imam Khomeini designated the last Friday of Ramadan as Day (World) of Al-Quds, In order to exploit the potential of all Muslims in the world and direct your attention to the Palestinian cause. "

In 1979, the founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Imam Khomeini (may he rest in peace), declared the last Friday of the month of Ramadan (the ninth month of the Muslim calendar) as the World Day of Al-Quds.

On this day Muslims around the world perform demonstrations to show solidarity with the Palestinians.

Sbk/nl/msf

Comment

Thank God!

Wow! I can't believe a post was started by someone other than the one and only... you guessed it...the arrogant Aaron...

Yes, that shouldn't be a surprise folks... we observe Qods Day in the US, as well, just like Christians celebrate Easter in Indonesia, etc. BTW, it will be even a lesser surprise when the majority of US, not to mention, the world, will be Muslims.

Let us embrace it. Most important, let's respect each other, regardless of our religions. Aaron, sorry, I'll take the 'arrogant' back, even though it doesn't mean you're any less arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by armasheytoon View Post
                  Wow! I can't believe a post was started by someone other than the one and only... you guessed it...the arrogant Aaron...

Yes, that shouldn't be a surprise folks... we observe Qods Day in the US, as well, just like Christians celebrate Easter in Indonesia, etc. BTW, it will be even a lesser surprise when the majority of US, not to mention, the world, will be Muslims.

Let us embrace it. Most important, let's respect each other, regardless of our religions. Aaron, sorry, I'll take the 'arrogant' back, even though it doesn't mean you're any less arrogant
                  sure. just tell me what you know about the party in brasil.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                    sure. just tell me what you know about the party in brasil.
                    I don't know the details in Brazil, but you can guess what it's all about. You see, it's not about a particular city or a specific country. It's about the world becoming as one, a whole new world with no superpowers, just the Almighty watching over us. Call it the New or the Real Enlightenment, if you like. But that's exactly what it is and will be.

I will probably be too old to enjoy the heck out of it in 50 years, but think of it this way... your children and grandchildren will celebrate Qods Day and laugh at how ignorant the world was "back then"! I think it would do you some good if you read the Holy Qoran and go to a Mosque on Fridays... you, too, will be enlightened my friend. And remember, it doesn't take all kinds, we just have all kinds!

Comment

Working...
                    X